Monday, June 1, 2009

a bit self indulgent

As Simon from American Idol would say, "I think it was a bit self indulgent." Well that explains this blog post. But its my blog and I'll be indulgent if I want too.

From the 5th grade when I got my hands on my first bottle of Sun In, my haircolor has not stopped changing color. I recently made it back to natural color, but then one day thought- I want to go dark red, then all that hard work was instantly changed with my five dollar bottle of hair dye.
In high school I stuck with the blonde shades. In college the reds/oranges and in the last few years the darks shades of brown/black. If haircolor made a wife, Adam has been married to many different women. Thank goodness he doesn't have any favorites (or so he says).
Here was the super short almost black. This is my personal favorite.

I had the best time in beauty school. Thanks to being laid off from teaching, my unemployment paid for me to accomplish one of my dreams, being a "beauty operator." That is the official term, ask anyone over 70 yr's old and that is what we were called.
During those 9 months I, the beauty operator, was able to perm, streak, color, style and seriously do anything my heart desired to my hair and my girlfriends hair. So much fun!

This month marks 2 years that I decided to let my hair grow long. I had not had long hair for about 10 years and so I made a pact with myself to just do it. Now thats it is long, my thoughts: girly, don't have to wash it everyday, easy to wear up, looks "pretty" but not necessarily cool.

I have been looking like this... fairly normal
Summer is here and now I look like this... (a few more blonde highlights are still needed) but basically its strawberry with blonde highlights and a little shorter. Fun for a season, then who knows, maybe I'll cut it into a faux hawk or section off some dreadlocks.
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are still full of greed and self-indulgence." Matthew 23:25

Enjoying something new,
Natasha

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend...Charlie says to me occasionally "do you even know what your natural color is?" I've changed colors so many times. It's just fun to change it up a bit. Keeps people wondering what we'll do next. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair, but I am partial to red-heads!

    Smiles!
    Heather M.

    ReplyDelete