Saturday, May 8, 2010

A new fishbowl.

Well, it has been over a month since my last post! Sometimes I can really get on a roll writing and other times, life just gets too busy and something just has to go.
Instead of keeping up with blogworld, I have been busy cleaning, painting, organizing, packing, and oh yea, being a good wife and mommy during the day to my two kiddos...
Why all this fuss??
We have been busy preparing our house to sell.
I have moved many times in my life. Off the top of my head, I counted 10 times. Born in St. Louis, twice in Dallas, four+ places in Tulsa, twice in college and twice in marriage. I am sure I have missed a few. The point is, I felt I was rather good at moving. Boy was I wrong.

When my hubby and I felt God was leading us to move (not a world away, in the same area) I broke down crying. I mean, I just could not let go of this house.

I attended a homeschooling conference recently and the speaker shared how we women can let our homes become an idol that we serve, over the Lord. Ouch- I felt like she said that just for me! I surrendered this to God, then surrendered it again and again. Eventually I went from crying, literally tears flowing every night, to embracing the feeling that the Lord has something really good in store for us and the message was clear: "Get Your House In Order. I have plans for you," declares the Lord.

We are now spending our free time looking at houses and continuing to make our own home, which is on the market now, look as best as possible. And if you ever wanted another full time job, try keeping the house perfect with a two and four year old in toe. But it's getting better and easier. My prayer is for the right family (who wants a garden!) to fall in love with this house and for us to find a place we love as well.

Today was a good house hunting day. We had driven to over 50 homes. We went inside about 10 of them and hated them. I mean like- never wanted to live there. Today we saw inside 5 more. Two of them we liked, realllly liked. It actually got me excited.
Did I review my list as I saw them? Yes. But ultimately I want what God has for us over my list.
Which, if you are curious, includes things (some silly) like: how far is Wal-Mart, how far to church, is there a park close by, 4 bedrooms, school district, etc... You know stay at home mom requirements.

And `sidenote. How come in all those other times of moving, I just moved. No list, no real preferences. The home we are in right now was the third house we saw. Walked in, yep, we'll take it. Oh.so.carefree. Sigh.

In January we posted this verse on our fridge-
Isaiah 43:19
"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
It was in reference to my horrible season of unwanted fears and anxiety. The Lord holds me tight and is working on me in this area, but little did I know that so many new things would be springing up...

Getting close to a new kiddo joining our family
Adam's company moved locations this week
Baby explosion- all my family & friends are expecting new little ones
New adventure in homeschooling
New fuel efficient car for commute for Adam (on the back burner though)
New, New, New.
"He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!
And then He said to me, "Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:5
NHP

1 comment:

  1. Natasha! I've missed you (both in the blogworld and in the REAL world)! We need to talk! (Nothing major, it's just been a while!)

    ReplyDelete