Monday, June 29, 2009

Today I took my son to have a "little procedure" as we are calling it. I had a beautiful time caring for him and in one moment my heart overflowed...


As he was waking up from anesthesia he started to cry. I picked him up to comfort him and gave him a bottle. He fell asleep in my arms only to go through bouts of flailing, screaming and sleeping again.

As I kept holding him, all of a sudden a song burst out of my mouth.
(Now I do love to sing, I sing all the time. I am not good at it, but I like too.) Each of my kiddos has a song I made up just for them.
When I was singing to Nehemiah's he was so relaxed. He smiled and gazed at me, babbled and rested. But when I stopped, he was fussy.

Then the holy moment came.
God planted revelation in my heart by reminding me of this verse.
"The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

Then the tears.

To think. I am picked up, comforted, given something to drink, rocked, patted and ultmately sang too. All this so that I will smile, gaze, babble and rest in Him.

OH LORD, you are so good. What would I do without believing that my God comforts in this way.
If you have not experienced this kind of comfort. Run to Jesus. "Come near to God and He will come near to you." James 4:8


We had our 5th To Be Free Women's Ministry this weekend!
The speakers did an awesome job and I know seeds of freedom were planted in every heart.
Pictured with Bernadette and April, co-leaders in the ministry.

Sippin QT half hot chocolate/ half decaf with flavor. Try it!
Natasha
perrymanadoption

No comments:

Post a Comment