Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 20

Reading:
Luke 7:36-50 - Jesus anointed by a sinful woman. Just one of the most beautiful things ever. I read the version of this story in my daughters children's bible and it was soooo amazing- I cried. Then I read it in my NIV Bible and it was good, but the way they put the wording in her's was especially touching.

Jeremiah 39 and 40 -The Fall of Jerusalem. 39:17-18, "But I will rescue you on that day, declares the LORD; you will not be handed over to those you fear. 18 I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life, because you trust in Me, declares the LORD.' " AMAZING. Jeremiah had full favor of the Lord and was given freedom.

Romans 8- v. 4, Do not live according to the sinful nature, but according to the Spirit. This meant a lot to me today as I was very tempted and almost followed through with manipulation.

Luke 6:27-45, v. 36, "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." v. 42,"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." v. 45, "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."

Menu:
Fruit smoothie
Apple w/ p.b.
Cutie orange
Pizza w/ hummus
Mixed nuts
Juice

High/Low:
- Huge lunches are my staple. I really enjoy getting full from a good meal at lunch time. Its probably the reward for a busy morning and the cause of not much energy in that afternoon- ha!
- Adam and I didn't really eat a good dinner. We, along with the kids, were in major moods in the morning because of our low blood sugar.

NHP

1 comment:

  1. Which Bible does she have? We have been reading The Jesus Storybook Bible and I want to cry nearly everytime we read it!

    ReplyDelete