Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thinking of You Quilt

I started a "Thinking of You Quilt" for our next kiddo. She/he has been on my mind as we are starting our 35 hours of required classes next week. As I am thinking and praying about our next addition, I wanted something to make for her bedroom. I choose a girl quilt. If it is a boy, I will make a boy one and give this one to my daughter- I think about her a lot too.

I have never quilted, but my mom can sew just about anything and I am convinced I have some of this too- its just lying dormant.
Several years ago for my birthday my dad called and said, "I want to get you a sewing machine for your birthday, because I think you would be really great at sewing!"
I love this about my dad... always encouraging my gifts.

After that, I sewed curtains and a few other things, but the patterns back then were just not as, "ooh-la-la" as they are now.
I CANNOT get over the beauty of the patterns these days. I have found a few local places to buy fabric and over the last month or so have been collecting a few for the "thinking of you quilt."

I chose seven fabrics for the quilt... (I wanted to buy a 100 more, so if you would like to send me some $$ to buy more fabrics, be my guest!)

My version of quilting:
Step one- buy fabric, draw out the design and cut all the pieces

Step 2- layout the design, the kids can watch
Step 3- sew it (have not started on this yet, but it's coming soon)

In other news, I heard the best female speaker of my life... Christine Caine from Hillsong in Australia.
I have heard many speakers, but Christine Caine was totally and completely on fire for Jesus! To say she was amazing is an understatement. And blogs too.
Hear both her messages!!! (week 1 and 2) WOW!

Hungry? Here is a yummy and quick meal.
My mom introduced me to Oroweat Sandwich thins. SO yummy. She uses them for everything from burgers to sandwiches.
I made little pizza's with them, they were perfect!
Toast bread
Cover in sauce-Our favorite marinara sauce- Emeril's or Newman's Own
Mozz cheese
Your favorite toppings
Bake 350 for 15 minutes

Word of the week- SURRENDER!

Happy Sum Hop Day to my daughter!
Natasha

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics! I know the finished project will be beautiful. Are you designing your own pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could listen to Christine's messages over and over. So awesome. She has so many different conference. Maybe sometime there would be one close enough we could go to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING the quilt! I have made a few quilts in my day (2.5 to be exact) and am willing to give hints if you need them. Not so much on the machine-sewing part (I HATE that) but on the hand-quilting. Let me know. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete