Friday, August 28, 2009

Free Craft Friday with Mrs. P

I am an art teacher by trade and love to inspire others to paint and make crafts with their kiddos. I think it is SO important to let them create. Just as a parent into sports would think it is important for their kids to be on a softball team... all parents are created with gifts we pass on to our kiddos. This is my gift. I know I love to watch (and be inspired) by how other families do life so I hope you can be encouraged to create with your kiddo. For free!

FREE CRAFT FRIDAY with Mrs. P...
The Caterpillar
Supplies (ALL from around the house)
An old sock- who doesn't have one of those without a mate
4 wal-mart sacks
4 paper towels
hot glue gun (or needle/thread)
2 buttons
Thread (dental floss, pipe cleaners, yarn, anything)
Put the paper towel into the sack.
Make the sack into a ball and stuff it inside the sock.
Tie it up with thread
Repeat all 4 times. Glue (or sew) the end closed.
Hot glue (or sew) two buttons as eyes.
We added pipe cleaners as the antennae.
Don't have pipe cleaners. Draw/paint them on the sock.
We wrapped some around the body just for fun.
And no they do not have legs. But you could paint them on.
If you would like to add 1,000 legs be my guest and let me know what you used.
Important: Let your child NAME their caterpillar!
Her choice: Kissy Ma-nonda

Have a wonderful weekend!
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment