Sunday, August 2, 2009

Anniversary- 8 years

We became friends in January 1998.

My girlfriend and I wanted to play a prank on her crush so we asked a guy who lived on his floor to check us in. We ran into his room to reek havoc in his closets. When we opened the closet these two guys jumped out and shot us with waterguns. The check-in guy had snitched on us.

I saw the closet guy next day and said, "Hey, you're the guy. From yesterday. Who shot me? Aren't you?" He said he was. His name was Adam.

We became friends. Not friends that liked each other, just friends, in a big group of friends. It remained that way until Sept 1999. I started to like him first (his character hooked me) and apparently turned on the charm. He asked me straight- "Do you like me?" I told him I did but he said, "We just need to stay friends." : (

That only lasted a month before he came to me and asked if I would like to start dating him.
Our first date in October 1999.

We dated until Feb 2001. Then we got engaged. Do we not look SO young?!
Our rehearsal dinner.
Married on August 4, 2001. It was also the 50th anniversary of Adam's grandparents!
We have both been through so much in these 10 years. We bought a house, we were both laid off, I gained and lost 40 lbs., Adam was diagnosed with "idiopathic nocturnal angioedema", we processed 2 adoptions in four years, lost and gained friends, I went through counseling, we both turned 30 and most importantly we have a love that far surpasses most!
Today, our 8th anniversary and many more to come!
My favorite anniversary present was taking bridal portraits! My mom (who has a spa w/ spray tanning) needed a fair-skinned bride to take before and after pictures. She tried to book other brides but no one had their dress ready, were really white or had a good camera.

It was exciting to be the one who was able to take the pictures for her brochure. I did not have bridal portraits taken so it was a real treat. AND Adam was the one to take all the pictures. On our anniversary week!

She will be using the before and after pictures at her booth at the Tulsa Wedding Show. Here are a few of the thousands we took. (these are not the ones she choose... but you can still see the difference.)

BEFORE (this was the rehearsal dinner dress)

Fair skin...
AFTER
I went to the beach and got some "sun" in my wedding dress.
Even upclose it looked very natural!
I asked Adam what scripture he would like to put for anniversary post. He said, Proverbs 5:19. I had a good laugh. And told him to pick another one. Just another reason I think he is funny.
"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Prov 31:30

Natasha
perrymanadoption

5 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I love reading your blogs!! Your such a great writer! MUAH HUGS!!! Thank you for being such a godly couple with a godly marriage...I love how real you both are and love you dearly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You are such a cute couple! I love the pictures and tell Adam he has a great sense of humor!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    P.S. I miss spending time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys. Happy Anniversary. You are such a fine example of for your kiddos. I love seeing what God is doing in your lives. Sending lots of hugs to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your husband's verse is better than mine... he always quotes Proverbs 21:9!!!

    ReplyDelete