Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Surprise!

I am never surprised.
But I was yesterday and loved it.
(I so love being surprised but I tend to catch on to unusual clues.)

Here is what happened...
To start, Adam never comes home for lunch. But he walked in the door at noon (I didn't even hear the garage be/c the dryer was running) with flowers and a new book.
I have been wanting Shanghai Girls be/c I love the author Lisa See, but am too cheap to buy a new book!
Adam has a 'no flowers' rule. I think they became an easy and somewhat unthoughtful gift so they were ixnayed a very long time ago.
Arranging flowers is part of the fun of getting flowers for me.
But DO NOT ask Third Street Flowers in Jenks. I wanted a job there in high school arranging flowers. They waved me off like a fly on their prize winning pie.
I TRIED to tell them I was really creative and a hard worker. They would have none of it. SO now I enjoy arranging flowers even more- HA!

So he walks in and I was truly shocked. Hubby home for lunch, with flowers for me to arrange, with a new book, on our 8th anniversary.
I made myself a Faux Sunrise (o.j. + Grenadine over crushed ice, w/ or w/o Sprite, OMW) as a treat- to you know, thoroughly enjoy my day.

I'm looking forward to jumping into Shanghai Girls. If you have not read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, DO IT. So great.

RECIPE TIME:
I threw four things together and it was the best meal ever. Just had to share...
(I realize this pic is not Taste of Homes quality, sorry!)

1 jar Bertolli Organic- olive oil, basil and garlic flavor
1 can artichoke, squeezed and cut up
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
3 chicken breasts cut cup
MIX, BAKE covered with foil, at 350 for almost an hour.
YUMMY!

Yes, you could serve it over pasta or whatever you like. I served it with our squash bake.

Take squash, wash and cut thin
Melt butter and mix with olive oil- both amounts to your liking
Toss together
Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning
Bake covered with foil, also at 350 for almost an hour

They were done at the same time and the best throw together meal ever.
Here is one more just for fun.
My girlfriend Amanda's most requested dish.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8
Natasha
perrymanadoption

No comments:

Post a Comment