Sunday, August 9, 2009

One of the most awesome things in life is a divine appointment. Its when you meet someone or something happens that you know is not just chance, it is a divinely planned moment from God.
I have had more this summer than in the last 10 years combined!

I have already shared one, well here are two more... (and there are others, written down in a journal, so I don't forget His goodness.)

MEETING OANH...
While the kids and I were walking in our neighborhood park an Asian lady jogged passed us. I had that voice/feeling/prompting thing that happens- “Ask her ethnicity…” I did not want too, but there it was again- pushing- DO IT.
So I asked her.
She said, "Oh I am Vietnamese."

I introduced our family and we became instant friends.
We had everything in common. We both have a boy and girl, our girls are 2 weeks apart in age. We both graduated from NSU, she has the same degree as Adam, accounting. We have both lived in our neighborhood for 8 years and both gone to beauty school. We are passionate for Vietnam and we both wanted to share our Vietnamese/English lessons with a friend.

After talking for a while she invited us over to her house. We spent about about 30 minutes there then she came over to my house and we hung out a little more...
We could have talked the afternoon away, but long story short, it was a divine appointment. And I so look forward to practicing my Vietnamese bài học with her.

MEETING NIKKI...
All families built through adoption have to face many inappropriate statements or questions that we have to answer. I have shared a few moments before, one here, and we know it goes hand in hand with how our family is built- but that does not always make it easy.
I am REJOICING today because this meeting could not have been further from one of "those" moments, it was rather a breath of fresh air, a beautiful divine appointment!

It goes like this:
We pull up to Lowes to buy a screen for our backdoor as to stop the millions of flies from coming in the house. (We have new outdoor toys- so fun, but the flies must stop.)
I get out, grab Nehemiah and I hear...
"You are a lucky mommy," from behind me.
I turn around and a lady in the row in front of us has her window rolled down with a big smile.
I say, "Are you a lucky mom too?"
She says "Yes (with tears) four times over. Our children are all from Mexico."
From there our families go into Lowes and had The Best conversation.
Our families are so much alike and our passions were in line.
It will be exciting to see where this leads, we are looking forward to a playdate with them.

THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR DIVINE APPOINTMENTS.
"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders You have done. The things You planned for us no one can recount to You; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5

NHP

2 comments:

  1. That's a great conversation-starter. I often see other families who were clearly built through adoption, but until they know we're an adoptive family, too, anything I say can seem nosy and offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't is amazing how God works to build friendships? I saw the pics on Tracy's blog of her visit with you, and it looks like you had a great time together! I'd like to hear your story on how you came to decide to adopt, if you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete