Friday, October 16, 2009

A BLOG AWARD!

A BLOG AWARD!

1. Recognize who sent the award to you and add a link to their page
2. Tell 10 things about yourself
3. Award fellow bloggers

Amanda and I have known each other for over 10 years now. She has a precious family and is an amazing woman. It is my honor to call her my friend. Thank you for the award!


1. I have lots of weird pet peeves, most no one knows. Here is one: Like why some mom’s do not use the diaper to wipe some of the poop off their baby’s bottom before they use wipes? I don’t get that? Why use 100 wipes really…

2. I used to be VERY regimented in the shower. First do this, then this, then that. Always the same. Then I lived with a roommate who told me she took a different shower every day. Now I do too- its so liberating. Wild- I know.

3. I am constantly working on things. I work on things on the outside… like paintings, sewing, crafts with my kids, etc and working on things on the inside like anxiety, anger, irritability and bitterness on the inside every day.

4. I love every color, I mean LOVE, like some colors make me want to scream with joy. But I rarely like purple. I do not own any purple item in my home or wardrobe. And guess what, my daughters favorite color right now is purple.

5. I only liked cooking after a few years of marriage. Adam loves to cook, along with every member of his family, now I think it is the best gift God ever created. A good meal cannot, cannot be beat!

6. I love being a multi-cultural family. I have heard the WORST comments and yet have had the most beautiful comments from strangers, family and friends. I truly think that adoption is a special gift and I cannot believe that our family was chosen to experience its awesomeness.

7. This is my third year being a stay at home mom. I have days I LOVE it. I just look at my kids and go crazy for them. But when they are having a bad day… uhhh, I dream of being elsewhere. Badmommy!

8. I am rarely complimented on my appearance. If I am complimented it is always my eyebrows. I have been stopped many times over by strangers asking me how I do them. Other than that it is usually a comment about my name or something I have made.

9. Adam and I have everything in common and yet are SOOO completely different. Don’t know how it works sometimes but God knew the man for me. Although I will say we did not come in the “package” either of us ever expected for a future spouse. (Looks, job, personality)

10. I have LOTS of dreams. Both at night and those I want to accomplish. God speaks to me through my dreams, its really amazing when things foretold come to pass. And I have a list of dreams I would like to see happen someday, to name a few: live in Vietnam, write a book, speak to 1,000’s of women, raise kids to love Jesus, see the blind set free and have a pixy short blonde haircut.

Well that is off the top of my head. I am sure I could actually sit and think about this for awhile, but there is no time to stop and think! Just write and publish! 

As for others: Hummm. I actually check a lot of blogs so this is hard. I'll tell you what: If you check my blog, you get an award!
Leave me a comment and I will check up on 10 fun things about you.

Natasha

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I have to say that maybe people don't compliment you on your appearance for fear of sounding like a broken record. You ALWAYS look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a blond pixie style would be super fun on you!! Besides, it always grows back anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think you will live in Vietnam and I can visit, I have always expected you to write a book and I know without a doubt you could speak to 1,000s and get a standing O... I love you. mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interesting tidbits about you... I feel like I really know you now!

    ReplyDelete