Tuesday, October 27, 2009

THIRTYONE

I am 31 today!
This has been an AWESOME birthday. I think usually birthday's are hit or miss for me depending on my expectations... this year was a BIG HIT!!!
My morning started off with my hubby helping me get the kids ready for the day.
THEN... my mom came over and CLEANED the WHOLE house spotless! Whoo Hoo!
Then I went out and met my precious girlfriend for a birthday lunch at Te Kei's.
After the kids woke up from their naps the weather was perfect! We played in the backyard and cleaned up the backporch.
When Adam came home from work he told me that we were going out to dinner. Two times out in one day! He gave me a few options... I chose Villa Ravenna in the Farm Shopping Center- YUMMO and great ambiance. Here is our birthday self-pic.
He got some smooches for my presents: A replacement c.d. of Memories of a Geisha- one of my favorites that broke, Peony in Love by Lisa See- an author I love and a giftcard for a massage. Adam's parents and my dad gave some cash for cloths and such. I mean was I spoiled or what- a goooooooood birthday!
There was a huge mirror in the waiting area. We took all kinds of funny and silly pictures. This one made us laugh SO hard. Can you see why???
Check out Adam's HORNS! Here we are laughing at his little devil self.
My mom's birthday is in 2 days and she asked for some earrings. I LOVE making earrings (one of many things I have learned from the Perryman family) so I got to work. Fifteen earrings later her gift was complete! I wrapped a cereal box with pretty paper and cut slits for the earrings to slide through- Love you mommy!
Lots has changed since I was 30. It is amazing how much can change in such a short amount of time. Here are just a few...

We traveled to Vietnam and now have a son.
Started a US domestic process for more kiddos.
Gained friends and lost friends.
More serious about the Lord.
Intentional about working on my behaviors.

Oh man, I could seriously flood a boring list here.
But most of all I am very grateful for LIFE. That I am healthy, loved and whole. God shows me everyday that I cannot *cannot* do anything, a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g, without HIM. If you think you can, you amaze me, but I cannot. I cannot think, parent, drive, fly, be still, be brave, love or be at peace without my Jesus.

"For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their Shepherd; He will lead them to springs of living water." Revelation 7:17

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great birthday. Here's to another awesome year of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday sweet friend! you still inspire me! you are beautiful, simply beautiful! may the lord continue to mold you into his image each and every year! i need to place an order for some earrings. those are awesome! i haven't worn earrings in oh, say 4 years. wonder why. need to take some tips from you stylish little mama! want some more exclamation points?!!!!! love you! happy birthday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Great pictures. Loved your post...especially the list of what has happened in the past year - not boring at all. The earrings for your mom are gorgeous, btw!

    ReplyDelete