Wednesday, January 27, 2010

He prepares me...

It's so comforting to know that my God knows exactly how I work. He gently moves me along to where He wants me and often He prepares me through dreams.
This is my FAVORITE thing about God right now. I love how my dreams come to fruition. I love how God gave me a whole novel in a dream. (Which I shared in this post about one of my three New Years resolution's being to write a novel. Update on that- I have written 3 pages. That's a lot people. Probably about 4 hours or so.)
So back to being prepared through a dream... This dream was last week.
I had a dream that Adam was going on a mission trip to Haiti. And I saw it in full detail.
I woke up and way down deep in my spirit I felt joy over this dream. I thought about it a lot, but never mentioned it to Adam.
At church on Sunday our missions pastor comes up to the front and says they are hooking up with a clean water project and wanted to take a team of 8 people to Haiti. My heart jumps and I look at Adam and ask, "Do you want to go?" Considering I have never offered this invitation in the 8 years we have been married he shockingly said, "Yeah, maybe..."
So he went to the meeting and they made it clear that they were looking for people with medical backgrounds. There were over 50 people or so interested, but Adam still signed up for the trip.

We went home and together prayed about it. And again before we went to bed. Asking that if God wanted Adam to go on the trip, make it so, and if not, close the door. But we BOTH just KNEW he was going to go!
Adam got the call yesterday that he has been invited as one of the eight for the trip. The only non-medical person going besides the leader of the group. We were just in awe! I KNEW that Adam was going to be perfect for this trip. He is full of patience, endurance and has a servants heart to help the people of Haiti. I KNEW too, that God prepared me for this.
He will be gone for 7 days. The team will hike into Haiti, sleep in hammocks and we will possibly not have contact the whole time he is in country. Yes, this is pushing our family into places we have not been. The longest time period Adam and I have been without talking in 12 years is less 48 hours. And I have not been away from him for longer that 5 days. BUT I know this is straight from the Lord and I cannot wait to hear his stories and see all the pictures. I know this will change him, in the best kind of way, and I am SO PROUD of him for going!
"God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

NHP

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Natasha! That is just awesome! How cool is that for God to prepare you?! I can't wait to hear all about Adam's trip and how God plans to use him! Even under the best of circumstances, Haiti is a life-changing place. That's where I decided to become a nurse during a mission trip to a hospital in Pignon, Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for you and Adam. My heart is filled with joy just reading about his upcoming trip. You definitely made the right decision to change churches when you did. This will be a great experience for him, and you too. Even though this is a great sacrifice on your part, you will both reap goodness for what you have sown into God's Kingdom. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me at journeytohannahclaire@gmail.com with what you are looking for and I'll try to help.

    ReplyDelete