Thursday, May 7, 2009

I have a new favorite TV show. I got hooked on it last season and this season does not disappoint. It's Locked Up Abroad. Have you seen it? I LOVE it!
It is very well made and I appreciate their vulnerability.

I am not an advocate of being hooked on TV, but when I do fall in love with a show, I am hooked. We all know how easy it is to watch mindless TV, but is that really good for us? There are so many better things to do with our precious time...

In our house we have never seen Lost, Gray's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, House or Dancing w/ the Stars... It is weird when I hear people talk about their love for certain shows and I am totally out-of-the-loop. But that is ok, I have my own few fav's.

I mainly stick with shows on Food Network or girly reality TV (So you think you can dance). I pick and choose my fav's and stick with them. Part of this is that I am not a night person. I want to crawl in bed by 9:30pm so my after kiddo time is limited. (Cause I am up at 5:30am)

I enjoy that Adam and I have a few we watch together. A new one is Dhani Tackles the Globe its very guy-ish, but I like the culture thrown in. And one of his favorites is Top Gear and their season finale this year was outstanding ... it was the three hosts motorbiking from south to north Vietnam!

As you can tell I have been thinking about TV-life since my own has been pretty challenging this week. The challenging part is keeping myself together (patient, non-violent) while my 3 yr old is having major 'tude and my 1 yr old is cutting every tooth in his mouth. It is not the most fun I have ever had.
(But this Oreo cheesecake with a side of ice cream is helping the pain while they are both sleeping!)

"A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense." Proverbs 19:11
Word study on Patience.
A few sips of my life,
Natasha

1 comment:

  1. "It is not the most fun I have ever had"...I LOVE that quote! Hilarious!! It makes me think of Junie B. Jones, a character in some chapter books that are quite popular with the first grade crowd!
    I'll put in a prayer or two for your sanity this week! :)

    ReplyDelete