Sunday, May 3, 2009

oh how we forget

My name is hard to remember, mostly I get, "Its nice to see you again Natalie," or just a blank stare in the hopes that I will not remember their name either. I always reintroduce myself, even if I think they should know my name. So if you are in the right place, I am Natasha, welcome to International Blend... lets just jump right in shall we. My lesson: Remember.

For some weird reason I have had a string of people forget me lately. A couple of stand-ups here, a few forgotten get-togethers there, a gift that never showed up and other you're-just-not-that-important-to-be-remembered moments.

Let me just declare- I am NOT perfect. I have overlooked others and forgotten things hundrends of times, if you are one, sorry. Now were even, I have had my turn.

All these moments have led me to meditate on what it means to be remebered. We remember the Titans, a smell, someone in heaven, a memory, our prom, the arrival of our children, thousands of things in our little brains.

When you go to God with something that hurts, you will receive encouragement. Failing to remember is all throughout the Bible. Mostly everyone forgets God. Today even if we are not remembered in the way we would like, let us not forget about the Lord. For it says in Psalm 115:12, "The Lord remembers us."

"I remembered You, Lord, and my prayer rose to You, to Your Holy Temple."
Jonah 2:7
Word study on Remember.

A few sips of my life,
Natasha

3 comments:

  1. Cool, Natasha! I look forward to remembering to check your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I totally know what you mean. It definitely hurts to be forgotten, but I really hate being the one to forget because I don't want to hurt anyone else. I thank the Lord for always remembering me, and pray that I am careful to always remember Him. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. You are so awesome!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog, looks great! I REALLY like what you had to say today, too. Very nice. I'll write more in an email later... :)

    ReplyDelete