Tuesday, May 26, 2009


I HEART PLANNING.

It's really just part of how God made me. I love planning anything, the nitty-gritty details of it all, planning parties, playdates and everything in between.
I am SO excited about our plans over the summer.

Here are some of the high-lights I am looking forward too:
June is our missions month for our LifeGroup (we will be supporting Dillon's OrphanCare)
Heading to the Tulsa Zoo
Teaching two Creative Kids Art Camps
Nursery coordinator for India, China, Korea Camps
To Be Free Women's Ministry
Tracy coming to visit
Time at the splash pad and pool

The funny part is, my husband (& his family) are complete non-planners!
Which works out good, at least for Adam and I, because I get to do all the planning and he just comes along for the ride : ) (I would like to add he does have the gift of hospitality.)

Oh and one important sidenote. I am not busy. So please do not say, "Oh you're just so busy." Nope. Sorry. That is the beauty of planning. I know how to not over-schedule, I do not over-commit, I say "no" a lot and schedule things far in advance. That is just one beauty of planning, for me it = less stress.

Here is a little on-the-fly poem for you...

Planner O Planner
How I do love thee
You allow me to enjoy life
And schedule so thoroughly

What would I do
Without you O little planner
I would be hungry
But would have missed my dinner

You keep me balanced
And entirely in check
This is just the way God made me
Without it I'd be a wreck

So for those non-planners out there
Who remember without writing a word
Come join me by the pool
You spontaneous freebird

"Where there is no vision, the people perish." Proverbs 29:18a

Lets plan a sip sometime,
Natasha

3 comments:

  1. You are quite the planner. I like to think of myself as a planner...but not so much these days. You've inspired me to use plan more! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious, Natasha! The poem is awesome. I don't have a paper planner, but without the calendar on my phone, I'm totally LOST!! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like that poem! Too cute! That is not my spiritual gift, but I am glad others have it so they can plan for me ;) So, been doing some good planning for Vietnam weekend?!?!!! Can't wait!

    Heather M.

    ReplyDelete