Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 1

For the next 21 days (now- Easter) I will be recording the progress of my Daniel Fast. I thought about sharing or not sharing for a bit and asked my hubby about it. I want to say that these posts are not to be haughty in any way, yet to share my experience through a spiritual fast.
To sum up, the Daniel Fast is a 3 week spiritual fast or spiritual exercise, if you will, following the Biblical example of the prophet Daniel's journey with fasting. Over the course of 3 weeks you fast from certain foods in order to bring strength to your spirit and increase your devotion to God. The naughty things are all meats, breads, dairy and sweets. Daniel fasted from these items for the following reasons: to draw closer to God, to stay pure, to seek the Lord for wisdom, direction and answers to prayer.
Basically you can have fruits, veggies, beans, nuts and bread without yeast/sugar. And when you realllly want it, you pray. Letting the Lord sustain you instead of the food.

Our spirit is fed on the Word of God, so I will be sharing what I read, the menu for the day and how I generally felt physically- high/low (as in the game).

Reading:
Jeremiah 34- In verses 1-3, it is all God's warnings. City will come to ruin, burned and you will not escape. BUT in verse 4 it says, "Yet hear the promise of the Lord." Listening to the promises and not focusing on the disaster.

Psalm 1- Verse 6, "For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous." I am always reminded here that the words Righteous and Christ are interchangeable. Try it anywhere in the Word, its cool. He watches over those in Christ.

Prov 1- ALL good! Verses 7- fearing the Lord, 10- do not give into sin, 23- respond to rebuke and God will pour out His heart and share His thoughts with you, 29- choose to fear the Lord, 33- "But whoever listens to Me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm."

Genesis 3- In verse 13 the serpents methods are always the same... deception. He deceived Eve, she believed it and ate the fruit. Same Same. I want to recognize this easier.

Menu:
Strawberry and almond shake
Apple with peanut butter
Salad with sauteed potatoes
Cinnamon Larabar (OMW- amazing!)
Veggie lasagna

High/Low
- SO MUCH ENERGY today. Truly amazing!
- Had heartburn all day, yuck, new food choices I guess.

NHP

No comments:

Post a Comment