Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 18

Reading:
Nehemiah chapter 1-2, spurred on by the verses that kept coming to mind all day from Nehemiah 8:10, "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." and Nehemiah 6:9, "But I prayed, now strengthen my hands."

Chapter 1- Nehemiah (great name by the way, that means "God's compassion") wept over Jerusalem, he fasted and prayed over the condition of the fallen city. V. 9 remembered the promises of God. V. 11, prayed that God be attentive to the prayer of His servant who delights in revering His Name. Asked for success and favor from the King. (King of the land)
Chapter 2- The King noticed his sadness and even though Nehemiah was afraid he told the King about wanting to go to Jerusalem. Verse 7, he made plans to go and men with with him. V. 12, didn't share too quickly what God planted in his heart about rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. V. 17, he shared with them and then everyone began the good work.

We always loved the book of Nehemiah and the meaning of the name, which is why we named our son Nehemiah. When we came home from Vietnam a local Vietnamese pastor prayed for Nehemiah and he said, "May Nehemiah live up to his namesake and rebuild the walls of Vietnam as Nehemiah rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem." Talk about tears!!! Such a precious memory.

Menu:
Pear and o.j.
Coconut Larabar
Sweet potato w/ stir fry and rice
Cherry smoothie
P.B. and Triscuits
Pasta salad

High/Low:
- A super salty soy sauce lunch. Without sugars in my life, I can tell I have enjoyed salty more.
- Most of my food intake is before 3pm (a lot between 8-12pm, like 4 times). I will eat a mini snack about 5ish, but I am so hungry throughout the morning. My low is that I feel bad not eating big meals with family because I just cannot stuff it in. It makes me feel stuffed and frankly, anxious. Its an area to work on...

NHP

No comments:

Post a Comment