Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 10

Reading:
Meditating on the thought- Your sin nature vs. Christs Spirit inside you. How they are at war and we have to continually give ourselves over to Him.

Isaiah 2:3, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us His ways, so that we may walk in His paths."

Isaiah 11- Verse 5, "Righteousness will be His belt and faithfulness the sash around His waist." I also love a good descriptive sentence and thought verse 9 was beautiful, "For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."

Thought- I do not have to be perfect. Struggling is normal and God loves my dependence on Him. Also the scripture 1 Peter 5:9 came to mind, "Resist the devil, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings."

Menu:
Banana and almond butter w/ cranberry juice
Grapes
Bean dip w/ chips and guac and cucumber
Cinnamon Larabar
Black bean burger w/ couscous

High's:
-My hubby started his Daniel Fast today so it is a bit easier to eat together and talk about food.
-The word I got from the Lord this morning was to trust Him like my kids trust me.

Low's:
-Really hit a wall with so many snackie foods and not any real hot downhome cooked meals.
-First thought this morning was, this is the longest 10 days ever (and it's out of 21!) Press ON!

NHP

1 comment:

  1. How about making yourself something that feel like a meal then? You can cook things, right? Lentil soup is one of my favorite meals of all time. Filling, super healthy, and just as good on day two. Plus, even Bex loves lentil soup. So does my veggie hating husband. In full disclosure, it is at it's best with a spoon of plain yogurt or sour cream on top, but it would be good without as that isn't fast friendly.

    Alton Brown has a good one (though I don't like cumin and have no idea what paradise spice is so I leave that out): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/lentil-soup-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete